Who wants super tasty and quick breakfast ideas?
Incase you didn’t know a protein based breakfast is an awesome way to start your day. It’s going to keep you fuller for longer; helping you to curb that mid morning snack. Plus a lot of use really don’t eat enough protein and the average breakfast cereal just isn’t cutting it. So it’s a double win but the problem is breakfast can sometimes be a bit of a rush, especially when you’re starting day a little earlier than you may have liked. Maybe it’s your turn to drop the kids off or maybe it’s just an early start in the office that day either way finding time to make a spinach and feta omelet (awesome breakfast btw) can get a little tricky.
This is where overnight oats can step in. Mix them up the night before, leave in the fridge overnight and boom they are done! All you have to do it wake up and eat!
This is not the ultimate breakfast but it certainly makes a super easy and tasty recipe for when you’re in a tight jam.
- ½ cup of oats
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp of nut butter
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt
- Squeeze of honey
- ¾ cup milk (Can use almond milk to).
- Top with fresh berries ( I only had apples)
- In a bowl mix together cinnamon, honey, chia seeds, greek yogurt, protein powder and milk.
- Once it has all mixed up stir in the nut butter and oats
- Pour into jar or cup. Cover it with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for at least 4-hours.
- You can either eat cold or heat it up. Serve with some fresh berries and enjoy!
P.S. Just a heads up the jar I used looked cool but was a pain in the backside to eat from. Learning point: make sure spoon fits in jar before using.